Arts Grounds Day
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Betsy and John Casteen Arts Grounds
Open to all UVA Faculty, Staff & Students
- 6 – 8:30: Picnic & Arts Festivities: Food, Information Tables, Music, Performances!
- The first 200 people to sign up for the UVA Arts Newsletter at the UVA Arts table will get a T-Shirt!
- Creative Writing Table: Opportunities for Student Writers and Poems-on-Demand on old school typewriters
- Meet Kate from the Creative Arts, Media, & Design Career Community with SWAG Giveaways
- Start thinking of names for the Miller Arts Scholars Plant Naming Opportunity
- Pick up SWAG from The Fralin, Virginia Film Festival, Virginia Festival of the Book + many others!
- Kluge-Ruhe will be on hand with Posters for the taking
- Music will be there with a T-Shirts Raffle
- Live Music all evening long – line-up coming soon!!
UVA Arts invites you to the Betsy and John Casteen Arts Grounds for a FREE picnic from 6:00 to 8:30pm with information tables and food and drinks!! Come learn about curricular, extra-curricular, and volunteer opportunities from the Visual & Performing Arts & Architecture departments, programs, and community.
Graciously sponsored in part by the UVA Arts Council.
Picnic: pulled chicken and pork BBQ, vegetarian falafel sliders, fresh country coleslaw, vegetarian baked beans, macaroni and cheese, hush puppies + lemonade, tea & water!
Participating Departments & Programs: Architectural History, Architecture, Art History, Arts Libraries, Creative Writing, Dance, Drama, The Fralin Museum of Art, Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection, Landscape Architecture, Miller Arts Scholars, Music, Studio Art, University Career Center, Urban & Environmental Planning, UVA Arts, Virginia Festival of the Book, Virginia Film Festival, & WTJU Radio
Rain Location: Drama Building
MORE DETAILS TO COME!
Moonlight Movie presented by the Virginia Film Festival: Black Panther
2016. USA. 2h 14mim
Director: Ryan Coogler
Featuring: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o
Marvel Studios’ Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life. Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, with Angela Bassett, with Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis. The film is directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Nate Moore, Jeffrey Chernov and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. Ryan Coogler & Joe Robert Cole wrote the screenplay.