The Faculty Research Grants for the Arts provides funding for an annual collaborative public art project. This grant is open to teams composed of any combination of UVA faculty and students, and could take the form of performance or exhibition through visual art, music, dance, drama, media arts, or multi-disciplinary arts. It is also meant to highlight faculty research and to encourage the creation of new work that engages a University-wide audience. Proposals will be vetted through a peer review process, organized by the Vice Provost for the Arts.
Only collaborative projects will be considered for this award. While not required, we encourage projects that involve students and faculty from multiple schools or departments, and which take advantage of the resources of the new Betsy & John Casteen Arts Grounds. The committee intends to make one or two grants in the $20,000-$60,000 range per year. Proposals must be approved and sent through to the Vice Provost for the Arts office by the Chair of your department.
Request for Proposals
Call for Proposals: October 2019
Application Deadline: March 2, 2020
Notification Deadline: May 2020
Funding Provided: July 2020
Please provide the following information:
- Project Title
- Collaborators (indicate student/faculty and their role in the project)
- Briefly describe the project you envision. What is the main subject? Who will be involved? How many (and which) departments will be included? What programs and events will be included?
- What do you hope people will learn from this project?
- What programs and events will be included? What do you hope people will learn from this project?
- A detailed plan of work
- A breakdown of the proposed budget
- A brief biography for each of the collaborators
Please submit proposals to Emma Terry
Vice Provost for the Arts
Director, Virginia Film Festival
PO Box 400308
Booker House, University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4226