In collaboration with the President’s Office, UVA Arts seeks artists to help engage and inspire during these difficult times…
Wanted: videos (2-6 minutes) of new performances — singing, comedy, dance, poetry, instrumental, storytelling, time-lapse of a work of art + so much more — either done together through digital means or performed solo at home, to be considered for broad public distribution across Pres. Ryan and UVA social media platforms. This will be part of a focus on populating social media feeds with the artistic talents of the UVA community and providing a mental health break for people during these trying times.
Perhaps it’s a recital piece you were working on? A performance thesis? A comedy routine? A poem on being quarantined? A show & tell of your latest painting or drawing? Maybe you can give a quick arts tutorial? Any/all ideas will be considered.
See all past episodes here>
- All performances/submissions must adhere to all UVA and VDH health guidelines to be considered for publication.
- See more details on UVA’s SEC-045: COVID-19 Health & Safety Requirement – Face Masks, Physical Distancing, Events and Gatherings, and Visitors policy
- Guidance on allowable in-person events and gatherings that require additional precautions (beyond six-foot physical distancing and masking):
- Vocal music and theater rehearsals and performances may only take place outside with ten-foot physical distancing and masking. Theater productions should be small and have very limited movement.
- Dance rehearsals and performances may take place inside or outside with ten-foot physical distancing and masking.
- Brass and Woodwind ensembles should not practice or perform until further notice.
- Email Emma Terry, Programs & Communication Director for UVA Arts, with any additional details or questions!
Upload Submissions Here >
You will be asked to write your Name, UVA Affiliation (Office & Position or School, Major, Class), as well as a Description of your Work (including the names of the group or individual’s involved) for a chance to be featured on Arts on the Hill Digital Edition! If you need more space for your description, email Emma directly.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: There is a rolling deadline, as we hope to produce these weekly or bi-weekly (depending on submissions) as the academic year goes on. The first one we hope to produce will be for October 11th, so the earlier the better, and keep them coming throughout the year!!
In the News:
UVA Today: Digital ‘Arts on the Hill’ Connects UVA With Its Vibrant Arts Community • March 29, 2020